How High Is Empire State Building Observation Deck?
The Empire State Building is an iconic landmark located in the heart of New York City. Standing tall at 1,454 feet (443.2 meters) including its antenna, it held the title of the tallest building in the world for nearly 40 years. The building’s observation deck, located on the 86th floor, offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city that never sleeps.
The observation deck of the Empire State Building is a must-visit attraction for tourists and locals alike. As you ascend to the top, you are greeted with stunning views of the New York City skyline, including famous landmarks such as Central Park, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty. On a clear day, you can even see neighboring states like New Jersey and Connecticut.
The Empire State Building observation deck is located on the 86th floor, which is 1,050 feet (320 meters) above street level. From this vantage point, you can see up to 80 miles (129 kilometers) away on a clear day. The deck is enclosed with glass panels, allowing visitors to enjoy the view without any obstructions. There are also outdoor promenades where you can feel the exhilarating breeze and take stunning photographs.
FAQs about Empire State Building Observation Deck:
1. How much does it cost to visit the Empire State Building observation deck?
– Adult tickets start at $45, while children’s tickets (ages 6-12) are priced at $39. VIP and express passes are available at higher prices.
2. Are there any discounts available for visiting the observation deck?
– Yes, there are discounts available for seniors, military personnel, and students. It is recommended to check the official website for the latest offers.
3. How long does it take to reach the observation deck?
– The average wait time can range from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the time of day and the season. Purchasing tickets in advance or opting for express passes can help reduce wait times.
4. Are there any elevators to reach the observation deck?
– Yes, there are multiple elevators that transport visitors to the 86th floor. These elevators are fast and provide a smooth ride.
5. Is the observation deck wheelchair accessible?
– Yes, the Empire State Building offers wheelchair accessibility to the observation deck. There are ramps and elevators available for visitors with mobility challenges.
6. Can I visit the Empire State Building at night?
– Yes, the observation deck is open until 2 am, allowing visitors to enjoy the stunning nighttime views of the city that never sleeps.
7. Are there any dining options at the observation deck?
– Yes, there are two dining options available on the 86th floor: the State Grill and Bar and the Cloud Club. These restaurants offer a memorable dining experience with a view.
8. Are there any audio guides available?
– Yes, audio guides are available in multiple languages to enhance your visit and provide interesting facts about the building and its history.
9. Can I bring a camera or tripod to the observation deck?
– Yes, visitors are allowed to bring cameras and tripods to capture their memorable moments. However, drones are strictly prohibited.
10. Are there any restrictions on what I can bring to the observation deck?
– Security measures are in place, and certain items such as large bags, weapons, and outside food or drinks are not allowed. It is recommended to check the official website for a complete list of prohibited items.
11. Can I visit the Empire State Building during inclement weather?
– The observation deck remains open during most weather conditions, including rain or snow. However, in case of severe weather, there may be temporary closures for visitor safety. It is advisable to check the official website or contact the building beforehand.
Visiting the Empire State Building observation deck is an unforgettable experience that allows you to appreciate the grandeur of New York City from a bird’s-eye view. Whether it’s during the day or at night, the breathtaking sights will leave you in awe and make your trip truly memorable.